Job ID: 5630
Coast Personnel is looking for a professional, dedicated Product Engineer to work for an electronic company in the East Bay. Come join the team!
Pay – $75,000+ DOE!
Job Summary: This is an entry level position that will assist the engineering team to provide production process engineering support in the development, implementation and maintenance of service and repair processes. Assist engineers in the development and implementation of process improvements to improve product and process quality, output, cycle time, productivity, and equipment downtime. Resolve daily production issues with short and long-term solutions. Assist in the introduction of new products and processes into production.
Reports to Engineering Supervisor
• Facilities management up to and including all OSHA and other regulatory requirements
• Performs maintenance and repair of production and facility equipment.
• Monitor and execute preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment in the facility.
• Support area improvement projects which include but not limited to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing implementation, DOE.
• Provides process control and support for service and repair area
• Assists in the evaluation of current process and works to develop and implement process improvements on an on-going basis to ensure optimal efficiency and quality.
• Validate and test process effectiveness and improvements using normal engineering techniques, design of experiments, data analysis and statistical analysis.
• Assist in the development of proven flows and operator work instruction.
• Train appropriate personnel in all aspects of service and repair processes, procedures and instructions.
• Continuous Improvement – drive quality improvement, productivity improvement, scrap reduction, and other cost reduction efforts, through process improvement initiatives.
• Problem solving – investigate and recommend solutions for production, service and product related quality, manufacturing or process issues.
• Assist in the development of measures of process control
• Suggest new technologies, strategies, and methods that will benefit the company
• Develop and implement Preventive Maintenance procedures
• Document production processes and products
• Identify process capabilities and limitations and make Recommendations and implement process improvements.
• Assist in the investigation and quantification of the manufacturability and serviceability of new and existing products.
• Work with product development engineers during and after product introduction to improve product performance.
• Troubleshoot and solve various manufacturing and service problems.
Education and Experience (Relevant or preferred)
• A U. S. or 211 China University Bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering, manufacturing or industrial engineering or equivalent experience.
• Experience in a service/reverse logistics environment a plus.
• Experience with test tools and networks.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Must possess strong leadership skills and able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of management and employees.
• Must be a team player that can work efficiently under minimal supervision.
• Ability to function and execute in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Small component electro/mechanical manufacturing experience desired.
• Knowledge of development and improvement of work processes related to electro-mechanical assemblies
• Knowledge of design and implementation of engineering experiments.
• PC skills including Windows, MS Work, MS Excel, MS access, AutoCAD or related software.
• Creative problem-solving ability and Strong communication skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Experienced in general maintenance areas including pneumatics, electrical and hydraulics.
• Ability to walk and stand on cement floors for long periods
• Ability to stand, stoop, bend and performing repetitive tasks.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at a time.
• Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
• Must wear ear Protection when working near a testing area