This position is responsible for ensuring that Vuteq is capable of meeting customer production requirements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the below essential duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Track team Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, productivity
· Countermeasure KPI’s for quality defects, performance, safety, productivity issues
· Implement kaizens in assigned area(s) and promote continuous improvement (including new ideas, projects and practices).
· Enforce policies, procedures, and practices
· Monitor safety and enforce safety protocol in assigned area
· Oversee STL and TL performance, including their training of team members
· Monitor training schedules/proficiency charts for daily processes and unusual conditions and ensure due dates are met
· Oversee TPM/PM (daily checks) on equipment
· Approve timekeeping records for assigned group(s)
· Approve/deny time off/PTO and follow outlined process
· Administer corrective action and coaching of team members
· Act as liaison between Vuteq and corresponding department group leader at TMMI
· Report supplier part problems to Quality
· Review defects at TMMI
· Oversee and maintain 5S of assigned area(s)
· Address team member concerns/Participate in team member investigations
· Evaluate processes for improvement ideas
· Fulfill other duties as required insuring that Vuteq meets and exceeds our customer expectations and needs.
· A 2-year degree or equivalent work experience is required.
· Four or more years background in Production Supervision and Control, preferably in an automotive environment.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to achieve results with efficiency and effectiveness
· Demonstrated ability to comply with and enforce policies, procedures and practices
· Strong attention to detail
· Must have problem solving capabilities
· Knowledge of environmental ISO14001 preferred
· Ability to lead and motivate people and encourage teamwork, an ability to communicate effectively with senior management, and a clear vision of what determines a successful product for the customer and for the company.
Physical Effort and Requirements of this Position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Intellectual Activities and Requirements of this Position
Ability to read and interpret documents such as; safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized solutions. Able to assist with troubleshooting problem areas and to recognize and initiate corrective action or advise others of needed actions, as well as recommending suggestions for improvements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.