Job ID: 5693
This position is primarily responsible for supervising the operations, personnel and cost structure of a designated department/production team, sets the tone for the organization in line with company values and policies. Keeps emphasis on being able to quickly identify opportunities, train the workforce and implement Lean Manufacturing for measurable and sustained improvements. Supervises designated department that include assigning work, facilitating team involvement, ensuring performance management processes are completed, scheduling work, developing and executing production schedule, ensuring needed equipment is purchased, maintenance of equipment on shift, and developing and complying with budget and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
• Oversees and maintains safety practices in accordance with company policies.
• Works with all employees on the shift to ensure quality assurance. This includes manufacturing product to quality specifications and requirements for the department and plant as well as measuring and monitoring of volume and quality of output.
• Collaborates with Production Manager to plan and complete shift goals and initiatives.
• Evaluates, recommends and supports implementation or changes to current manufacturing process for higher productivity.
• Develops standard work and work instructions to communicate manufacturing requirements to production personnel.
• Prioritizes shift workloads, delegates labor, and prioritizes material needed through Lead personnel.
• Utilizes computer system (AS400) to verify and order materials as needed and to review, change or update sales orders.
• Counsel, coach, train and direct employee’s in proper safety methods, basic work requirements, and attention to detail as needed.
• Manages and resolves employee issues through effective problem solving and mediation with assistance from Human Resources as needed.
• Refines and enhances production processes to yield improved results in the critical areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery (on time completion/on time ship date) and Cost.
• Utilizes LEAN, TQM and other quality systems tools to coach on key manufacturing processes, reduce changeover and set-uptimes, reducing scrap (waste), and track up time.
• Interfaces with maintenance, other manufacturing lines, materials, information systems, Human Resources, management and other groups as needed to complete assignments.
• Enforces and implements company Policy, Safety Rules and Regulations. Generate reports in EXCEL, Word and uses email as required. • Other duties as assigned
• Maintain head count to proper production schedule demand.
• Approve and review time cards against attendance & punctuality policy.
• Conduct employee annual evaluations and reviews.
• Coach all employees on safety improvements, department inspections or audits and ensures 6-S is fully implemented.
- • Key Competencies:
- • Leadership o Problem solving
- • Safety practices / OSHA requirements o Interpersonal skills
- • Mechanical ability
- • Judgement
- • Teamwork
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. High school diploma or GED required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience as supervisor or team Lead in a manufacturing environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Lean Manufacturing and or Six Sigma, APICS certification are a plus.
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Knowledge of MRP system is preferred
Mathematical Abilities: Math and statistical skills; Applied SPC.
Analytical or Reasoning Abilities: Applied problem solving methodology.
Communication Skills: (Writing, Foreign Language, Reasoning) Must be able to proficiently communicate in English & Spanish (written and verbal).