Job ID: 5827
The Quality Engineer plays a crucial role in ensuring that the company’s products and services meet the desired quality standards. They plan and implement quality measures that comply with both the company’s and customers’ requirements. They utilize advanced quality tools and techniques such as Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma to improve processes and lower costs. They are responsible for overseeing the Material Review Board and ensuring that products meet the required specifications. They also manage non-conformance issues and take part in continuous improvement initiatives. They work closely with production teams to resolve technical issues and provide inspection training as needed. They also review Engineering Change Requests and new drawings for quality compliance and administer calibration requirements. They coordinate with customers to address product quality issues and perform regular quality process audits.
· Plan and implement quality measures that align with CCS and customer requirements
· Applies modern quality principles, concepts, and methods, including Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and process variation management tools to continuously improve processes, mistake-proof, reduce cost and ensure the quality of our products and services
· Oversee the Material Review Board to ensure that products meet specifications and performance standards, as outlined by CCS or the customer
· Manage the non-conformance landscape, escalate issues as appropriate, and evaluate the effectiveness of corrective actions
· Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) efforts to quantify and reduce risk
· Partner with production teams in the Machine Shop and Final Assembly/Test to resolve technical issues and provide inspection training as needed
· Review Engineering Change Requests/Orders and new drawings for quality compliance.
· Administer Calibration requirements and gage control
· Prepare FAIR form 3 as required.
· Provide training on processes and work instructions for inspectors
· Generate 8130-3 tags when needed
· Coordinates Customer Source Inspection and/or performs Designated Source Quality Representative functions for the customer, as required
· Analyze returned switches and implement corrective actions as necessary
· Coordinate with customers on product quality issues, escapes, and development of corrective actions
· Perform Quality process audits, including planning, preparing, executing, reporting results, and follow-up
· Perform other duties as assigned